Park, Trail, Beach
- Although the park has a beach it's not a prime spot for swimming as the water's cold & the beach rocky. One trail extends to Puget Sound & after a lengthy walk you'll find a lighthouse and tide pools.
- We dare you to take the best possible picture of yourself with the Olympic Mountain behind you in the background, then find the closest active sand dune and try to build a sand castle.
- Best tip - Go to the visitors center get a beach pass and drive down to the light house for a nice lunch on the beach!
- Hit the bluff for amazing views and sunsets. Bring a bottle of wine - just remember not to leave the empties!
- Amazing views. Walk the trails. Hit the beach at sunset.
- Unexpected in-city hiking.
- Discovery park is located on the historic grounds of Fort Lawton. It is 534 acres with nearly 12 miles of hiking and walking trails for you and your dog to explore. Please bring a leash and poo bags!
- Run or walk the loop trail! It's about the same distance as Greenlake but with more variety and gorgeous scenery.
- jesus. put away your phone and enjoy nature.
- Get lost and find your way back. Head out during low tide and explore the beach. If in season, salmon berries are delish (if you like it tart + sour).
- The coolest park in Seattle. Watch the sunset over the Olympics. Take a 3-mile loop hike that feels like you're in the rainforest. Head to the beach and lighthouse if you have time.
- Great local place for a hike down to the beach!
- It's way more beautiful than the South Beach in Miami (and there's way fewer douche bags walking around).
- Hit up the south beach trail, glorious!
- A very quiet park in comparison with all others in Seattle. Beautiful views of Puget Sound. Great place for a summer picnic.
- Beautiful walk with grassy fields and a wonderful view of the water.
- We. <3. Discovery. Park. Sunset is not to be missed. Soooo romantic! ~Morristown NJ
- Walk the loop! It's got great views. If you don't have a dog with you, head downtown one of the beaches - it's gorgeous, and the trip adds about 30 flights of stairs to your excursion.
- Great trails
- Fun park lots of trails to do. I still have a lot more to conquer