Park, Dog Run, Entertainment
1500 McKinney St (at Avenida de las Americas)
Houston, TX 77010
- If you have something important to tell a friend, take them to the listening shells and have an intimate long distance discussion via sculpture.
- It features sculpted gardens, public art pieces, amphitheater, fenced dog runs, small lake, monthly farmers' market, free exercise classes, free Wi-Fi access, a concert and movie series, and more!
- FREE CLASSES at DISCOVERY GREEN! Tues 10:30a-Yoga, Tues 6:30p-Pilates, Wed 6:30p-Zumba, Sat 9:30a-Yoga, Sat 11:30a Zumba
- Perfect spot for a picnic date. Get some craves cupcakes, wine or make a spiked punch, get some finger food (wraps or cute sandwiches) bring a spread or chair and attend a movie on the lawn
- Beautiful park close to Minute Maid, BBVA, Toyota Ctr & Convention Ctr. Flea Market every 3rd Saturday, but it's small. Live music quite often. Cute restaurants on site. Lots of play space for kiddos.
- The splash and spray fountains are the perfect place to cool down on a summer day for free. Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Lebowski night was by far my favorite time out at discovery green :)
- It features public art pieces, fenced dog runs, weekly farmers' market, free exercise classes, two restaurant concepts, free Wi-Fi access, a concert and movie series, and a childrens playground.
- Go to free zumba & bumba classes Monday & Wednesday evening at 6:30
- Feed sweet potato fries to strangers dogs
- I want to check out free yoga, hooper stahs and burgers & barbecue.
- Go Ice skating!!
- From fountains, gardens, and play areas, to classes, workshops, art, and reading places the versatility of the space is phenomenal.
- Great for relaxing with the dogs!
- Catch a silent movie on the hill.
- Great place to people watch and hang out!
- Beautiful park. Always something exciting to do!
- Parking meters on not free on Saturdays! Don't learn the hard way like I did.
- Gotta go - this is a former parking lot - now beautiful.
- gotta luv this new(ish) park in the heart of downtown houston... i actually designed the original website a couple years back... still have my animations on hm pg ;)