Trail, Scenic Lookout
16831 W Alameda Pkwy
Morrison, CO 80465
- Most well-known dinosaurs have been discovered near Dinosaur Ridge. These include Apatosaurus, Allosaurus, and Stegosaurus which is the official State Fossil of Colorado
- Did you know? Many of the most well-known dinosaurs were discovered near Dinosaur Ridge including Apatosaurus, Allosaurus, and Stegosaurus, the official State Fossil of Colorado.
- Go to the top. Great view of red rock amphitheater.
- We had fun. Great hike
- Take the guided tour!! Worth it
- Opens at noon on Sundays
- Nice short ridge to hike near Denver.
- You can pay $6 for a guided tour or just walk up it yourself. It's been closed to any car besides the tour busses for years so no driving up to see everything.
- If you visit Denver, you must take a walk up dinosaur ridge. See some foot prints and ancient volcanic ash.
- The "rock doc." who gave us the bus tour was fantastic. So informative. She was the reason for our great experience.
- Take the guided bus tour for the inside scoop on the area's fossils and their discoveries. Totally worth the five bucks a head!
- Don't go at 2130. It is closed then
- Take the tour with Ben. He does a great job!
- Took the guided tour in the vanasaurus with Dan or "Danasaurus" - which was cool and affordable. Tip the guy. Pay for the exhibit hall. Support conservation and preservation of a very cool landmark.
- Don't leave your car in the lot too late because they lock it at 5PM or 6PM until 9AM the next day. There is some parking on the road outside the lot that is a better idea.
- Put your hand in an iguanadon foot print.
- Look at and go to the Red Rock amphitheater#amazing
- Awesome! Tour is $4 for 4 and older. 3 and under free. Recommend taking the bus tour!
- Pay the $4 and take the guided tour. The docent pointed out stuff we would not have noticed
- Get place to experience natural history. Out of town family loved it.