If you’re living under a rock, then you’re probably unaware that Mad Men, AMC’s hit show about the crazy world of advertising in the '60s, is returning for its sixth season. Yep — Don Draper, Peggy Olson, Pete Campbell, and the rest of the gang are back and there’s no telling what lies ahead after a cliff-hanger that left fans reeling. Don’t look to us for spoilers, though, because you’re not getting them!
The return of the show is obviously a prime opportunity to host a TV viewing party, since we’re sure your friends, co-workers, or family members are also fans of the show. If you’re looking to host a bash, check out Mary Giuliani’s great party tips here.
If you’re looking to get amped up and in the groove for Mad Men’s return, take a look at every single suit that Don Draper has worn and then take a cue from Seamless.com on how to dine like your favorite characters.
Seamless, an online service for ordering delivery and takeout, has compiled a list of cuisine types and restaurants that allow you to nosh like Don, Peggy, Roger, and your other favorites.
If you’re planning on watching solo, order in food and eat like your favorite character for the night. If you’re hosting guests, take a cue from these restaurants and serve a dish for each character.
Whether you love them, hate them, or love to hate them, here are Seamless' tips:
• Don Draper: You aren't afraid of a little mystery. OK, a lot of mystery. Because of that, you should try out some of Seamless’ Fusion restaurants, like Washington, D.C.’s Asia Nine.
• Peggy Olson: You are innovative, and the truth is, you keep everyone on their toes. You are your own, strong person and always more than what people expect. Chicago’s Union Sushi’s rolls are always making diners’ eyes bigger than their stomachs.
• Joan Harris: On the outside, it may look like you only have one thing to offer, but you're one of the savviest people in the room. You’re spicy… just like Thai! If you want to snack like Joan be sure to check out San Francisco’s Osha Thai.
• Roger Sterling: Sure, on paper it looks like you have everything together, but really you’re just one step away from losing it all, kind of like a hangover. To dine like Roger, be sure to hit up some of Seamless’ best greasy-spoon diners… like Chicago Bagel Authority.
• Pete Campbell: You’re mostly known for being cold and calculated… but let’s face it you’re a born-and-bred New Yorker. Feast like the consummate East Coast blue blood from your favorite deli on Seamless, like New York’s own Carnegie Deli.
• Megan Draper: Hip, new and artsy, you’re the coolest girl at the party. Just like the "nouveaux" (get it, French!?) cuisines like farm-to-table, gluten-free, and juice bars. Greens Up! in Los Angeles is the perfect place to order from to be just like Megan.
• Betty Francis: As a Betty fan, there's more to you than meets the eye. If you want to mix "traditional housewife" into your meal, look no further than the traditional Italian restaurants on Seamless — like New York-based restaurant Patsy’s.