This sweet and tangy BBQ sauce is loaded with fresh mango, making it perfect for summertime grilling. Better yet, it's easy to make; just puree the ingredients until smooth and cook on low in a crock pot.
- 2 Pounds very ripe tomatoes (or 1 28-oz can tomato puree)
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 Teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup blackstrap molasses
Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Pour the sauce into a crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Cook, uncovered, for an additional 45 minutes, or until the mixture thickens to the desired consistency.
Turn the crock pot off, let the BBQ sauce cool, and store it, covered, in fridge.