Devil's Lake State Park
State / Provincial Park, Lake
- Take a hike or climb rocks in the only place in the Midwest that feels like the mountains.
- One of my favorite places to hike and camp. Absolutely amazing in October - the leaves are gorgeous.
- Don't forget to hike Parfrey's Glen....deep gorge at the end, awesome view!
- Beautiful lake surrounded by bluffs.
- The perfect, close, summer day get-away. Go enjoy the hiking, swimming, rock-climbing. Beautiful area.
- Bring your swimsuit, hiking shoes, and a picnic backpack and you'll be all set for a day of fun and adventures! This is now one of our favorite family getaways.
- 7 dollars gets you park entry for an entire carload of people if you have Wisconsin plates.
- Awesome lake! Great for hiking. Rock on.
- Ask around for rock 8!!! Also a perfect sunset spot... It's a formed "rock sofa" on the crest of the south west bluff.
- Don't plan on staying overnight. The rooms are straight out of the 80s and haven't been cleaned since then. Don't bother with lessons as most of the staff is unprofessional or sleeping on the job.
- Love all the different hiking trails!
- I love this place! The trails are great!
- You can take your dogs to the south beach, and west side
- Site Seeing!! With my Military Sisters!!
- Great place to hike swim and get married! Our wedding kari have been windy, but it was so unbelievably beautiful!
- Excellent for winter camping. Hike around the lake. Hike all the connecting ice-age trails. Parfrey's Glenn http://www.devilslakewisconsin.com/information-center/other-natural-areas/parfreys-glen/
- Great place for rock climbing
- Head to Jumping Rock on the West Bluff trail along the lake. It's through the second set of trees on the path. It's really fun.
- Stay away from south shore if your wanting to swim. Lots of seaweed appearing and swimmers itch spreading like wildfire. :(
- Hikers, it's easy to overlook the great trails to the east of the main park area. Be sure to find and hike in the Steinke Basin, & Uplands Trail areas.