Detroit Opera House
Opera House, Performing Arts
1526 Broadway St (at Witherell St)
Detroit, MI 48226
- The old Grand Circus Theater was transformed into this opera house, which opened on January 22, 1922. Featured artists have included jazz legends Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington.
- Park in the 6-10 dollars parking two blocks south of the opera house on Madison, don't pay the 20 to park at the opera house garage!
- Opened in 1922 and originally known as the Capitol Theatre, the Detroit Opera House has featured such legends as Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Luciano Pavarotti.
- Culture. Get some.
- The fantastic Cadillac Cafe is open two hours before any event at the opera house. Great martinis!
- Live Entertainment
- C'mon try a Opera you'll be surprised how much you like it
- Here for Lion King.
- Sit in the box seats.
- I love pre show dinner at Angelina Bistro!!
- Please don't unwrap your goddamn cough drops during the quiet parts. Thanks.
- Beautiful building to see a show
- Been there twice, in the last week and a half. Both time's the performances were pure perfection.
- Gorgeous interiors, superb sound quality.
- A more intimate theater with beautiful decor
- Wicked, plays in general
- First level balcony has great views. Lines for the ladies restrooms are ridiculously long, so go before the show. Also out of popcorn :(
- Muito bom lugar para visitar
- Get here early 4 cheaper parking.
- Going to see a show? Stop by the GM Ren Cen afterwards and dine on the Detroit Riverfront: http://www.gmrencen.com/dine.axis