Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treats
An upgrade from peanut butter toast or a bowl of cereal, this is the best of both worlds. This treat combines the protein and sweet flavor of the peanut butter and honey with the snap, crackle, pop of the cereal.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Total time: 9 minutes
Servings: about 20 squares
2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2-3 handfuls chocolate chips
1. Spray the mixing bowl, spoon and pie dish with Pam.
2. Measure 2 cups of cereal and pour into the bowl.
3. Microwave ½ cup of peanut butter for 30-45 seconds. You want the peanut butter to become a liquid. This makes it easier to stir and coat all of the cereal.
4. Pour the melted peanut butter into mixing bowl.
5. Melt about a ½ cup of honey in a microwavable glass and heat for 3o seconds. Again, you want the honey to become a liquid.
6. Pour the melted honey into the mixing bowl.
7.Stir everything together and, once the peanut butter and honey have evenly coated the cereal, add in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips.
Tip: Add more cereal if there is too much liquid.
8. Pour the cereal mixture into pan.
9. Spray your clean hands with pam to prevent the mixture from sticking to you and then pat mixture down and make even across the pan.
10. Put in freezer for 30 minutes to set the treat. If you have more time, you can refrigerate the treat for a couple of hours.
11. Serve and enjoy.
An upgrade from yogurt with blueberries and granola, this crisp is packed with vitamins and protein. One bite and you’ll be already looking forward to tomorrow’s breakfast.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
3 cups blueberries
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butter the pan to prevent sticking.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to the mixing bowl.
4. Add about 3 cups of blueberries.
Tip: make sure to wash the blueberries.
5. Add in about 3 tablespoons of honey.
7. Pour into the buttered pan.
8. Even out blueberries and set aside.
9. To the now empty mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of oats.
10. Add 1 cup flour to the oats.
11. Add 3/4 cup brown sugar.
12. Add a couple shakes of cinnamon.
13. Mix everything together.
14. Melt ½ cup butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
15. Add the butter to the flour mixture.
16. Mix until the batter becomes crumbly.
17. Add to the blueberry mixture.
18. Bake for 30 minutes.
19. Take out of the oven and let cool before devouring.
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Some mornings, you just need chocolate to get going. Try this and you’ll get your chocolate fix, but also supply your body with protein to get you through the morning. Recipe adapted form A Beautiful Mess.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 65 minutes
2 tablespoons chia seeds
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
Cinnamon (to taste)
1. Add chia seeds to bowl.
2. Add 3/4 cup almond milk to chia seeds.
3. Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder to the milk and seeds.
4. Mix everything together.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Stir mixture and refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Add maple syrup and cinnamon, mix and enjoy.
Check out another delicious chia seed pudding recipe here!
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: