DOVER, Del. (AP) — Delaware is now poised to host two major country music festivals just months apart.
The group behind Dover’s Firefly Music Festival announced Thursday that it will launch the new Big Barrel Country Music Festival in June. The event is backed by concert giant AEG and Chicago-based Red Frog Events.
The three-day festival will feature dozens of performers at Dover International Speedway. Headliners will include Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood, as well as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard.
The announcement came a day before tickets went on sale for the Delaware Junction country music festival, which will be held in August in Harrington. Delaware Junction’s performers include Jason Aldean, Toby Keith and Florida Georgia Line.
Delaware Junction is organized by Live Nation and Dewey Beach’s Highway One Group.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- SEPTA To Begin $55M Project to Replace Bridge Between Swarthmore and Wallingford Stations
- Visiting Philadelphia Orchestra Conductor Pens ‘Rittenhouse Carol’
- Delaware To Host Dueling Country Music Festivals In 2015
- Misspelled Sign May Have Cost NJ Principal Her Job
- Local Congressman Says U.S. Should Consider Severe Sanctions In Response To Sony Pictures Hacking