Day 11: Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Sometimes the holidays just get too busy and you just don’t have enough time to make cookies from scratch. However, that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice flavor – I mean, it is the holidays after all. These Chocolate Crackle cookies are little balls of ooey-gooey, melt-in-your-mouth chocolatey goodness, made with your favorite brownie mix. All you need are a few pantry staples and you are good to go. The best part is that no one will be able to tell that you didn’t make them from scratch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I recommend Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix)
1 cup of flour
⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix brownies mix, flour, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until fully blended.
- Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Roll dough gently into Tablespoon sized balls and place in the powdered sugar.
- When balls are thoroughly coated with powdered sugar, place 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
Note: For a slightly lighter version use Whole Wheat Flour and substitute apple sauce for the oil.