Davidson Center for Space Exploration
Science Museum, Event Space
1 Tranquility Base
Huntsville, AL 35805
- Suspended 10 feet above the ground is a fully restored Saturn V rocket which made history with the launch of Apollo 11 the 1st manned landing on the moon. Check out the new 3D movie theater too.
- This is an extremely impressive display of equipment and history. It is a don't miss - and even more - schedule a full day. it is so worth it!
- Probably, the best attractive place in Huntsville. Try simulations.
- Great book selection!! These are two of the best!
- Great family time and vacation . We enjoyed ourselves
- The Saturn V rocket alone is worth the visit, but since much more space history inside to see and discover. Plus a German themed food event with a biergarten is there on Thursdays for a limited time!
- Fabulous museum for all ages. Well worth the time and money. Educational with a bit if amusement park thrown in for good measure.
- Repeats every week until Thu Jun 27 2013 . Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 5:00pm - 7:00pm Beer, wine and German food will be available for purchase in the Apollo Courtyard
- Apollo 16 CSM is on display here. Nicknamed "Casper", Astronauts John Young and Charles Duke brought back 211 lbs of Moon rock. Ken Mattingly also conducted experiments while in lunar orbit.
- Free after 4, go then. Can see most of the cool stuff in that hour.
- Say hi to Adam Porter!
- Correction: the Saturn V rocket is not suspended from the ceiling. It is cradled in supports anchored in the ground.
- Be sure to check out the Hubble IMax movie & stay at the Marriott so you can walk over to the museum. Fantasic family weekend of things to see & experience.
- Suspended from the ceiling is the most powerful rocket ever built and is considered one of Americas Seven Wonders, the Saturn V. It is on the Nat'l Register of Historic Landmarks.
- Definite must stop for any space nerd of any age!