David Geffen Hall
Concert Hall, Performing Arts, Auditorium
- Designed by Max Abramovitz, the hall opened in 1962 as Philharmonic Hall, as the new home concert venue of the New York Philharmonic, after the orchestra moved from Carnegie Hall.
- Avery Fisher Hall is located at the northern end of the Lincoln Center Plaza. Amazing acoustics. Catch the NY Philharmonic or another live performance w/killer acoustics.
- Experience the New York Philharmonic.
- Yesterday, I was here to deliver the Commencement address for the New York Law School Class of 2013: http://bit.ly/12LZrJR
- If you like classical music, you must experience a NY Philharmonic concert at Avery Fisher Hall!
- From the Archives: On September 18, 1973, Philharmonic Hall was renamed Avery Fisher Hall in honor of a generous donation made by Avery Fisher.
- Students have a great discount to same day tickets. Show your ID and you are all set - $ 13.50 plus Facility Fee "Student Rush"
- Home of America's oldest orchestra by nearly 40 yrs. Philharmonic's 1st concert was in 1842. Perform about 180 concerts per yr. Simon & Garfunkel recorded live album here in 1967. More info in blog.
- I urge you not to drink anything up to two hours before a concert. Restroom lines at intermission are incredible.
- Introduce kids to symphonic music at the Young Peoples Concerts (ages 6 to 12). Arrive early for Kidzone Live! where kids can try instruments and play musical games.Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- It is beautiful day and our faces are shining.
- Don't clap between movements!
- Go to le pain quotidien across the street for a good cheap eat before the show
- The pre-concert talk is definitely worth it.
- Walk beyond the box office area (either side) to enter at the ticket taker for immediate access to the elevators
- Experience it! The NY Philharmonic!
- SUMMER 2012: The Kravis Prize Concert: Yo-Yo Ma Plays Dutilleux (JUNE 26) -- The inaugural honoree of the Marie-Jose Kravis Prize for New Music is French composer Henri Dutilleux.
- Use your student ID to get inexpensive tickets.
- Stop walking in late with your high heels!
- Leave your cameras at home, or leave them at coat-check for $1.