Park, Scenic Lookout, Field
Golden Gate Promenade (at Mason St)
San Francisco, CA 94129
- Try a listening experiment on a foggy day! Call the Golden Gate Bridge at 415-202-3809 on your cell phone and listen to the horn. Do you hear the horn first through the air or over the phone? Why?
- Dog friendly sandy beach, playground and the Warming Hut for snacks and well warming up.
- Sun-seekers, runners, dog-walkers, and kiteboarders come to this scenic bay-front beach and promenade. Pass through the restored tidal marsh en route to the Warming Hut, a cozy stop for lunch.
- Flat trails & open,grassy areas for running,walking dogs or just lounging make Crissy Fields a popular locals spot.Sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge & Alcatraz Island only add to the experience
- SF Weekly's Best of Winner 2012 - Reader's Poll - BEST PLACE TO TAKE THE VISITORS
- SF Weeklys Best Of 2012 Winner Editorial Pick- Best Place to Run. Many runners swear that Marin or the East Bay beats S.F. proper, which terrain snobs swear is a concrete jungle. These...
- This is one of the best places to run in SF and you get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Hugh Grant gets hit by a kite in "9 Months"
- Beautiful view of GG Bridge. Nice to cruise by on a weekend ride around the bayside to oceanside coast. Rock Climbing across the street. Wetlands, BBQ's etc.
- We dare you to go to Alcatraz Island and see the first lighthouse ever built followed up with a visit to the museum at The Rock to see all the interesting items collected from Alcatraz.
- If you need some hot cocoa or a cold drink, head to the end of the field near Fort Point for the Warming Hut Cafe. Restrooms are right next door. Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Great food at the Beach Hut Cafe.
- Scenic views of the harbor and Alcatraz. Wind will rip your face off.
- Take a stroll along the path. Stop for a hot dog at "Let's be Frank" stand on your way to the Golden Gate Bridge span.
- My dog loves it here! We park at the west end near bridge and walk on the grass headed to the beach. He runs, digs, swims, and plays with many other dogs off leash. Then roll in grass on the way back.
- Weekdays are the best, Golden Gate bridge great run
- they've got free electric car charging!
- One of my favorite places to take a walk in San Francisco--and great for kids (and grandkids).
- Stop at the warming hut for hot chocolate.