Crack Is Wack Playground
Playground, Street Art
- The cartoonlike figures, bold letters and vibrating lines in this large mural are characteristic of Harings punk graffiti aesthetic.
- Crack is wack mural painted in 86 by 'eith as a response to the crack epidemic. The same night Keith painted this mural he was arrested for smoking a joint.
- go here to see the "crack is wack" double sided mural painted by the famous artist Keith Haring, a very neat piece of street art in NYC
- Restored by the late artists estate in 2007, Keith Haring painted this orange and black mural on the opposite side of a handball court wall in 1986 as a reaction to the raging crack-cocaine epidemic
- Executed by Keith Karing in 1988 without City permission, the mural received protection and is still standing today. It's probably the best example of his social commentary available in NYC.
- One of my favorite public art pieces in NY. A worthwhile stop on any NY visit.
- Can't believe this is the real name for this place. Must've been named in the 80's. Nowadays it would be the Smack is Wack playground.
- Great public art piece
- Potentially NYC's most famous mural, Keith Haring's 1986 piece frames a handball court at 128th Street and 2nd Avenue, serving as a permanent reminder of a crack epidemic.
- Not a soul in sight......it's raining!
- this is the Best Place if u wanna get better at Basketball
- This playground is best known for the Crack is Wack murals.