Duke of Gloucester St (N England St)
Williamsburg, VA 23185
- They tried minor crimes here, and put the guilty in he stocks outside.
- In the Colonial era, those aspiring to be officers of the court studied under a jurist for around 3 years, as there were no law schools. Patrick Henry completed his apprenticeship in only one year.
- In Colonial times, the number one crime was nonattendance of church. Thats one way to keep attendance up :)
- Knowledgeable staff in wonderful period attire.
- You're in CW, so take the typical cheesy photo with the stocks and pillories.
- It's crazy how they conducted back then
- Sit inside and hear about the old days of litigation. Air conditioned. Found it very interesting.
- Middle of DOG Street. Fun tour!
- Try to meet James Horn, the awesome Vice President. He is responsible for running Colonial Williamsburg and probably knows a ton of cool stuff about it
- If you are going to watch the live court session get here 10-15 minutes early.