Greenville, SC (RestaurantNews.com) A recent study of the cost of coffee worldwide released by coupon major online discount company Couponbox, reveals both Dubai and Hong Kong as the most expensive locations to get your cappuccino fix. The study also uncovered some additional unique statistics about coffee consumption, calorie counts and where to purchase you’re favorite cup of coffee at a discount:
- In the US, McDonald’s coffee retailed at the cheapest cost, while Tully’s is the most expensive, charging almost a dollar more per cup;
- Mid-range offerings in the US are ruled by Starbucks;
- Also, Tully’s and Dunkin Donuts offer the lowest cappuccino calorie count;
- Americans consume 3.14 billion pounds of coffee beans each year;
- Cappuccinos from Dubai and Hong Kong are the most expensive worldwide at $4.35/cup;
- The cost of the largest Starbucks cappuccino in Istanbul costs less than the smallest Starbucks cappuccino in New York City.
Main infographic and interesting findings here:
Couponbox.com, the number one online discount coupon company in Austria and much of the UK, is launching in the U.S. soon and sponsored the survey. Local digital marketing company, 10x digital, distributed the survey to American shoppers.