The Corn Palace
Historic Site, Sculpture, Museum
612 N Main St
Mitchell, SD 57301
- Come see the worlds only Corn Palace. Scenes change yearly, so if your in the area be sure to stop by!
- Wow. Total waste of time. Atleast admission is free.
- Very corny
- Buy a postcard, mail it to your mom!
- You must, must, MUST stop in and buy a popcorn ball.. Most AMAZING popcorn ball ever! You will not regret, instead probably buy a few for the road (I usually do).
- Don't make any "this place is so corny!" jokes with the locals. They already want to stab you with an ear of corn.
- The corn palace would be a short visit, the building is decorated with corn murals, inside it carries the corn theme thoughout the medium size venue. It serves delicious popcorn. But that's all it is
- The point is that this has been here for years. If you are interested in historic locations you should go when around the Mitchell area.
- Corn Palace popcorn balls = Delish!
- Don't miss the popcorn balls! A-Maze-ing!
- only the outside is cool. inside is prrtty lame.
- The building is not only dedicated to corn, but is partially built of it too! Go get a picture!
- Not worth going inside. Theres a small flea-market style shop that sells kitschy junk. Just take photos of whatever theyre displaying on the outside and be on your way.
- A fun stop with no admission fees. Restrooms are very clean.
- Very missable. It is literally a gym in the middle of town with corn glued to it. Gift shop is across the street and not unique. SKIP.
- The corn art is really well done. The gift shop inside is lame but what does anyone really expect?
- Check out the balcony on the second floor, overlooking the street. It's a great way to get a close up look at the corn murals.
- I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but it was not this.
- You just have to go! It's a-maize-ing
- Interesting but under construction