Each week, The Daily Meal team picks a culinary theme for SWAT (Sharing With A Theme) and asks our Culinary Content Network of food bloggers to submit corresponding recipes for a chance to be featured in a recipe round-up. This week, we are all about seeds.
The toasty earthiness of seeds like pepitas, sunflower, and sesame seeds can underscore fall flavors. Their nuttiness can contrast the sweeter elements in a dish and, texturally, seeds are a mouth’s delight. Our talented food bloggers submitted their recipes for a number of sweet and savory snacks, sides, and treats; here are our favorite recipes of the week:
“Try a new take on rice crispy treats with these gluten-free tahini brown rice crispy treats!” A Dash of Megnut writes. These treats are made with brown rice cereal, sesame seed paste, and tahini (no marshmallows!) and then garnished with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Blogger Oat & Sesame makes eponymous oat and sesame chocolate chip cookies. In addition to the black sesame seeds, she also folds tahini and toasted pecans into the cookie batter, further deepening the flavor.
If you didn’t know, quinoa is actually a seed! To make these chips, Coley Cooks makes a batter with blended quinoa and then thinly spreads it out on a sheet pan to bake.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time