By James Briscione — Director of Culinary Research
If you set foot in ICE’s Culinary Lab today, you might mistake it for a laboratory—thanks to the addition of our new rotary evaporator (or Rotovap for short).
This high-end, scientific tool recently made its way into a handful of the most avant garde kitchens around the globe. One such restaurant was Alinea in Chicago, where owner Grant Achatz and executive chef Mike Bagale used their Rotovap to create a clear pumpkin pie recipe —miniature pies filled with a crystal clear liquid that embodied the intense aroma of freshly baked pumpkin pie.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record