Cooking With Candy Canes
To get into the holiday spirit we reached out to our Culinary Content Network of food bloggers in search of festive recipes made with cheerful and sweet candy canes.
- The original shape of the candy cane was “straight, all white, and hard.” (The red and white striped candy canes were first made around 1900).
- Dec. 26 is National Candy Cane Day
- The first candy cane was made more than 350 years ago.
- More than 1.76 billion candy canes are made each year.
- The curved part of the candy cane is called the “warble,” and the straight part is called the “strabe.”
Candy canes come in a variety of crazy flavors — like bacon (no thanks) — and are perfect for decorating and for Christmas crafts. But in the kitchen, we prefer to use and eat the original. Check out these 19 red and white peppermint treats to get you in the holiday mood!