Cook County Criminal Courts Building
- Jury duty is fun ..... like sticking glass in your eyes
- If you get on a jury, the meal they serve you is generally mystery meat and canned vegetables. If you request a vegetarian meal from the deputy sheriff in advance, you'll get a fresh grilled cheese.
- Bad coffee but good people-watching in the jury room
- Free parking in the garage, across the street from the courthouse.
- No free wifi!!!!
- Pack a lunch unless you want Popeyes.
- Met alot of kool people
- You can store prohibited items in the machines (they look like vending machines) for $3. You use your credit card to get them back.
- If you are here for grand jury duty, sit in one of the front rows. You will be called first!
- Free parking is for employees and jurors only
- So in love with the old bldgs
- There are many legally possessed items that are not allowed in a criminal courts building (such as handcuff keys), but there is a list at the front door. Leave those items in your car.
- There is a clean bathroom by the law library (4th floor of the south tower)
- Make sure you leave through the front door.
- Don't forget to stop at Starbucks. The coffee machine in the Juror's room is an antique.
- There is free wifi for jurors in lunch break in the law library on the fourth floor.
- Don't bring your cell phone in
- Don't park in the lot across from courthouse. More vandalism in those lots than on the street.
- No wi-fi in the jurors' waiting room...
- Be aware: they'll take your hand-cuffs key away from you at security - even if you tell them it was a novelty item and/or gift. If I can legally purchase one at an army-surplus store, then why?