Continental Club is an Austin tradition for checking out new bands on the scene. Drinks are decently price, so order one at the bar and enjoy the live music.
The Continental Club
Rock Club, Bar
- As Austin as bongs and ping pong, the Continental Club is a haven for bikers, hot mamas, New Age greasers, and tourists alike, hosting local rip-roarers and touring roots-rockers.
- The Granddaddy of all local music venues, the Continental Club has enjoyed a coast-to-coast reputation as the premiere club for live music in Austin since 1957.
- Austin: It is a part of the boozy fabric of old Austin where young lovers and old timers come to dance the Texas two-step to the best live country, folk and Americana in Austin. - IFC Staff
- Come on a Sunday night - Austin's finest.
- No matter who's playing -- though Alejandro Escovedo's traditional Sunday night gig is preferable -- you gotta pay respects to this classic honky tonk heavy-drinkin'/rockin' establishment.
- Catch a free Redd Volkaert show, 3 to 6:30 on Saturdays
- This place was well worth visit. Great music, and atmosphere. I'd highly encourage anyone to stop in and have drink or two while listening to some great live music. Staff quite friendly, too.
- Good music, small dance floor.
- Beware of cougars!
- If you have never seen the Elvis Tribute each August an January (Death and Birth) - then you haven't lived.
- This place is a classic, that's still on the cutting edge! No trip to Austin is complete without a visit. #SXSW
- Good jazz on every tuesday night starting at 10pm
- Come on Monday nights for Church on Monday.
- If you lack dreads and gauges and all things "weird" then you should leave immediately. You'll get "shushed" and ostracized. Not worth it. Plus the beer selection is hipster and lame.
- Blues Specialists on Friday night!! Great band and FREE!!
- The best place to catch some live music on South Congress.
- If you're here, then you're in the right place to see Austin at its finest.
- This Austin establishment is sure to have some great shows at its two stages during SXSW. Come to do512.com to see what's going on here!
- Johnny Cash lookalikes on stage, 75 year-old Texans straight from a Cohen Brothers movies, and 25 y.o. local girls dressed like it's 1924. Best Texan flavor you can get in Austin!
- Check out their music calendar, but you can't go wrong any night of the week. Small, intimate venue.