Common Good Books
165 Western Ave N (at Selby Ave)
Saint Paul, MN 55102
- Owner Garrison Keilor (of A Prairie Home Companion fame) has an excellent collection of regional interest, classic, arts, and travel books. I just wish they would turn off the Open sign at closing.
- There is room for, like, 12 people in the store, so pack light and try to go on a weekday afternoon.
- This store has moved locations to Minneapolis around Selby and Riverside. Search the same name and you should be able to find the new location.
- Voted Best New Bookstore by City Pages in 2012! Hosting regular author appearances, readings & special events- This store cuts a deep swath through current landscapes for the curious and adventurous.
- It's no longer Garrison's place. Now named Subtext. First visit for me, so I can't compare, but I was pleased with the atmosphere, selection, and staff.