Columbia Heights Farmers Market
Farmer's Market, Restaurant
9:00am - 1:00pm
- The goat cheese guy in the back corner near Park Road has incredible stuff.
- Great place to hangout. People watching = A+
- Lleguen temprano, los tamales de mole se terminan rpido
- Forget Starbucks, Qualia sells excellent hot ($2) and iced coffee ($3) every Saturday, right next to their bags of beans. :)
- Get there early before the baker runs out of jalapeo cheddar bread.
- Great selection of seasonal produce fresh from local farms and favorites
- Try the Spriggs Delight Farm goat cheeses- not just the traditional herb/garlic. How 'bout pineapple/jalapeo or cranberry/nut? The goat milk fudge is AWESOME too!
- I waited patiently for 10 min while Bonaparte served everyone BUT me; had it not been for a kind NYer who refused to buy something until I had been helped, I'd never have gotten my mediocre croissant.
- Get there early the place gets crowded early
- Watermelon Cantaloupe flavor by Pleasant Pops is AWESOME!
- Go to the French bakery table. You won't be disappointed by anything.
- Don't even think about parking illegally for "five minutes" as you run in...guaranteed ticket. I deserve that. Last cherries of the season cost me $57.50. Walk. Metro. DO NOT DRIVE. Be Ye not like me.
- My husband and I enjoy the chocolate almond croissants from Bonaparte + the people watching. A welcome addition to the neighborhood.
- Almost any of the meats from Stachowski Brand Charcuterie are simply fantastic; go early they sell stuff quickly
- Try the lemon opal basil gelato @ dolzzeta. So refreshing.
- They have beautiful sunflower bouquets for $7.00