Each year, Calridge’s hotel in London taps a major fashion brands to create their annual Christmas tree. In the past, the five-star property has called on Dior, Lanvin, Dolce & Gabbana and Burberry to produce the iconic look. But this year the hotel is going in a slightly different direction by choosing Apple Chief Design Officer Sir Jony Ive and Industrial Designer Marc Newson to bring their talents to the tree.
With technology being at the forefront of everything we do today, it makes sense that Claridge’s would call on one of the world’s most renowned tech brands. Having designed the iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, PowerBook, MacBook, and AppleWatch, it’ll be interesting to see how Ives reinterprets the tree. As Apple’s designer for special products, Newson is already familiar with the brand’s aesthetic but will bring his own style to the table as well. Newson has overseen projects with Qantas and Louis Vuitton, while designing everything from kitchen appliances to furniture and yachts. The unveiling will take place on November 18 and is considered the start of the festive season in the city.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas