Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain
301 S Columbus Dr (btwn Jackson Dr & Balbo Dr)
Chicago, IL 60601
- One of Chicagos top attractions, and it is absolutely free. Shows start every hour on the hour and last for 20 minutes, reaching heights of 150 feet in the air.
- The wow-worthy mystical water and lights show can be seen after dusk from late Spring through mid-Fall.Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Modeled on a fountain at the Palace of Versailles but nearly twice as large, it circulates 1.5 million gallons of water from Lake Michigan. Green Guide Editor
- The fountain represents Lake Michigan, with each sea horse pair symbolizing the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana, that border the lake.
- So this IS the fountain from the opening credits of married with children!
- Last show of the night begins at 10pm - see it!
- I usually go out of my way to drive by and get a glimpse of this superb fountain.
- Leaping in front of the fountain
- I'll never forget how the Buckingham Fountain lights lit up Barbie's face as we tossed our coins and made a wish. I'm still hoping my wish comes true.
- Visit the fountain just after dark. The lights, mixed in with the view of the skyline is unmatchable.
- Great view on a sunny day.
- You can't visit Chicago and not go to Buckingham Fountain! Don't miss the regular water shows and evening color-light shows from April to October.
- Public bathrooms here!!!
- It was meant to represent Lake Michigan, but now it just represents Married With Children. Get a picture in front with your hands down your pants a la Al Bundy!
- Just know this is so very beautiful to see at night with your sweetheart! With the array of colors, it becomes a magnificent show. It is beautiful during the day too with the view of Lake Michigan.
- Light & Water Spectacular every hour, on the hour for thet 1st 20 mins from dusk- 11pm. Last show at 10pm all summer.
- Watch out for Segway riders they're having too much fun zipping around and looking at the fountain to care that they'll hit you |:
- It is a must see! It is a Chicago landmark and is one of the largest fountains in the world.
- Gorgeous views at night.
- Beautiful fountain, it's definitely a place to sightsee in Chicago!