3:00pm - 9:00pm
3:00pm - 9:00pm
3:00pm - 10:00pm
1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Established in 1773, City Tavern once was frequented by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other notable figures of the American Revolution era.
- George Washington & the other Constitutional delegates celebrated here by consuming 54 bottles of Madeira, 60 bottles of claret, 7 bowels of spiked punch and 22 bottles of porter, beer & hard cider.
- City Tavern offers a historic dining experience, complete with Colonial haute cuisine, costumed wait staff, and Colonial-era drinks and desserts.
- Get the colonial ale sampler but know that the general washintons porter will be the best
- The original was built in 1773. But don't brag about sitting on George Washington's bench just yet. The tavern was demolished in 1834. You're sitting on a replica, circa 1976. Still historic, though.
- Get the sampler- great beer variety, plenty to drink and reasonably priced.
- Get the Jefferson.. Awesome!
- Get the shrub! Delicious bevvie!
- Drink the Shrub with Champagne!
- Where else can diners get West Indies Pepperpot soup with beef, taro root and greens? Adam Gertler of The Best Thing I Ever Ate raved about this specialty here.
- Thomas Jefferson Ale is the fab!
- Enjoy some of the great beers on tap!
- The porter is great. Also try the cut tavern warmer. It's amazing!
- get the. George Washington Porter. George knew how to take care of his men.
- an 18th century menu, decor and staff makes you feel like you're actually in Olde City.. while in Old City. Plus with the Revolution Ales on tap.. a must do for a Philadelphian
- The turkey pot pie is yummy.
- Any of the Yards Brewery beers are good, so why not try the sampler to find your favorite?
- One of my favorite restaurants of all time. Beware of the ghost that pushes people down the stairs (jk, but it happened to my friend!)
- Table by the window or on the back porch upstairs before sunset for perfect lighting. Great fresh bread and Martha Washington's chocolate mousse cake! Shawn J. was our server and was great. Thanks CT!
- Get the crab cakes! It was so delicious! Plus the history of this building is so amazing!