- Opened in 2009, Citi Field is the only Major League ballpark to feature orange foul poles instead of the standard yellow. The home of the Mets was named host of the 2013 All-Star Game.
- When it opened, Citi was a wasteland for home runs. Not anymore. After the park produced the third-fewest homers in the NL in 2011, Mets officials reduced the in-play surface area by 2% in 2012.
- While everyone makes a beeline for Shake Shack, outsmart the crowd and head to Box Frites. Theyll serve you faster than a Doc Gooden heater, and youll have a smorgasbord of dipping sauces. Amazin!
- This newly renovated stadium is home to the Mets. Their food selection is some of the best in the nation. Check out the NY favorite Shake Shack or Blue Smoke BBQ.
- On April 13, 2009 a new era of New York Mets history began with the opening of Citi Field.
- stadium = really nice ; METS = Sucky baseball
- Today, I was here to attend the Mets 2013 Opening Day game.
- see a Mets game
- I prefer it to the New Yankee Stadium because it feels more like a ballpark.
- Check the schedule to see who is pitching. If it says Matt Harvey, you will enjoy the game. If it says anyone else's name, bring 70 dollars for drinks.
- Welcome to Citi Field! Check in using MLB.com At the Ballpark to unlock special offers and explore the stadium right from your phone.
- "Catch a NY Mets baseball game at this newly renovated stadium. Citi Field offers great food selection, batting cages, video game kiosks, and other attractions."
- PHOTO: The Beatles on stage at Shea Stadium in 1965, at the link!
- On April 13, 2009, a new era of New York Mets history began with the opening of Citi Field. Participate in an American tradition and catch a game this season.
- Out in centerfield, the brand new Pat LaFreida filet mignon stand hero with mozzarella & carmelized onions is the greatest thing you'll ever eat at any ballpark...and I've eaten a lot at ballparks ;)
- How refreshing is this? Carlos Delgado became the first Met to hit a HR onto the Pepsi Porch on April 25, 2009 against the Padres.
- Go to Citi Field and cheer for the Mets!
- Dining standouts: Shake Shack (139), Pat LaFrieda's Steak Sandwich (139,414), El Verano Taco (139), Mama's of Corona (105, 415), Blue Smoke (140), and Catch of the Day (102).
- Citi Field is built on the same site the 1964 World's Fair. At that Fair, General Motors' exhibit, "Futurama," introduced the idea of a future of networked, electric cars.
- Love them Mets...