Indie Movies, Movie Theater
22 E 12th St (at University Place)
New York, NY 10003
- One of our favorite spots to catch an independent flick. The theater is super small and cozy, so be sure to arrive early to get seats.
- Cozy little cinema for indy movies. The restroom is downstairs
- Nice for the smaller films but the theater is not much better than sitting at home.
- Reasonably priced concessions! Super friendly staff.
- Inexpensive, but very scrappy. Nice staff that's relatively quick to fix the unfortunately not too rare issues.
- Bit of a rundown movie theater with small rooms playing very indie films
- Nice international movies all year
- , 9, , 11,
- Small screens but comfy seats, plus pretty cheap popcorn, for NYC that is.
- Quite small. So is the screen.
- It's cool. You're obviously not coming here for the screen size or sound quality, but if you want a more intimate and old-fashioned movie experience, this place is great.
- Big Bird, Tiny Theater
- Charmingly a touch run-down with great programming
- Good clean theaters with art house/indie offerings.
- 12 dollars for a screen as big as my tv at home.
- Tickets are only $11 in a decent sized theater. Possibly even better than the Angelica.
- Very tinny rooms, but the movie (Xingu) is a must see for every Brazilian.
- Great spot for Foreign Flicks
- Quait little theater. Has an old New York feel.
- Very cosy and very cool!