Indie Movies, Movie Theater
- Nowhere else in LA can you find programming this weird, wild and wonderful! Known for their epic Halloween party, 24 hour Telethon, frequent celebrity guests & the least common movies & events in LA!
- LA Weekly's Best of LA 2010 pick - Weirdest, Coolest, Most Unsilent Silent Movie Theater!
- I come here to relieve the pain of a sad life in my gorgeous (but sad) apartment. My roommate Tony is mad at me and I don't know what to say to him anymore. Sucks. People just learn to not like me.
- J'adore ma Cinefamille.
- CA (See,Do) The Cinefamily knows good movies and isn't afraid to show 'em. Make sure you grab a cocktail from the back bar before the movie starts!
- Get here about half an hour early to snag one of eight couches up in front. But make sure you bring someone with you or make friends with another loner - no singles on the couches!
- A movie theatre with a bar!
- LA: A favorite of Rodarte sibling duo Laura & Kate Mulleavy who share, "This former silent theater is covered in vines and violet neon light. A Los Angeles landmark" Click "More Info" for more tips.
- Become a member. It's a great value and supports cool cinema.
- cupcakes are delish! (hostess)
- the most authentic film-loving community in LA. back patio pot lucks and movie marathon events make for a refreshing and accessible theatre experience. two thumbs WAY UP.
- Get your indie fix here!
- Great for specialty screenings of classic cinema. Niche pop culture and cult classic films. 35mm prints and great animation events!!! I tell people about this place all the time. Doing Hollywood right
- Cinema cult bliss
- Fantastic programming, great vibe and cool back patio make Cinefamily one of the country's unique indie movie theaters.
- "Screwy, inspired programming of low-budget rarities and high-art film, and [an] emphasis on interactivitylive scores, panels, in-depth Q&As, costume contests, and 24-hour telethons." 5 Every Day
- Legitimate projection cinema with dedicated and passionate professionals at work.
- Who says that film culture has to be stuffy and boring? Cinefamily's hodgepodge of events includes live performances, midnight movies, animation, and the definition-defying Everything Is Festival.
- IN RESIDENCE PREMIER
- Here shooting a movie. Everyone is nice.