Try adding hot sauce, chopped jalapeño or chipotle chili powder. Try adding a can of black beans or swapping the kidney beans for chickpeas or pinto beans.
- 4 Ounces spaghetti
- cooking spray
- 8 Ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped and divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 Cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 Cups shredded sharp Cheddar
Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the turkey; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to break up the turkey meat. Add 1 cup of the onion, the bell pepper and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder and next 5 ingredients; cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and salt. Serve chili the over spaghetti; top with remaining onion and cheese.