I’m pretty sure the last time I shared a “chubby hubby” recipe it was my husband’s birthday (several years ago). These Chubby Hubby cookie bars are delicious if you haven’t tried them.
If you’re sitting there on your computer wondering why I named it chubby hubby, and how rude is that to my husband, you obviously haven’t tried Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby ice cream.
To give you a glimpse, it’s a creamy vanilla malt ice cream swirled with fudge and peanut butter and packed with peanut butter-filled pretzel nuggets. It’s delicious and I haven’t had it in years.
However, these Chubby Hubby Clusters have all the great components of that ice cream, in an easy NO BAKE treat! And it seriously comes together in just minutes! The hardest part is waiting for it to “set up”, but no worries, you can refrigerate it for quicker enjoyment!
To achieve all the great flavors of the ice cream, I melted down some milk chocolate chips with creamy peanut butter. If you have a big glass bowl, you can microwave this for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth (add an additional 15-30 seconds if needed). Then, toss in some crushed malted milk balls.
This gives you the vanilla malt flavor (with a little extra chocolate, hope you don’t mind!). Finally, fold in some small pretzel twists and you’ve got Chubby Hubby Clusters.
Using two spoons, scoop about two pretzels onto a piece of parchment paper. Repeat until everything is used. If you want this to set up quicker, place your parchment paper on a baking sheet and put it in the refrigerator. The chocolate should set up in about 15-20 minutes on the counter, or 5-10 in the fridge.
These make a great gift. Although I wouldn’t recommend giving them to your husband unless you want to rename them. Especially if you gave him cookie bars with that same name several years back. Sorry sweetie!!
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
- 1 12 ounce package milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 ounces malted milk balls, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups small pretzel twists
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt milk chocolate with peanut butter for one minute. Stir and heat an additional 15-30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in crushed malted milk balls and pretzel twists. Once all the ingredients are evenly coated, work quickly using a 2 small spoons to drop about two pretzels onto the parchment paper lined pans. Repeat until all clusters are made.
- Allow chocolate to set or refrigerate for speed setting (about 15 minutes). Store in airtight container in refrigerator or at room temperature (if it’s not too hot in your house). ENJOY.