Dried fruits aren’t just for your grandparents. It is so simple to spice them up and add a little pizzazz. These chocolate dipped, coconut sprinkled candies are a perfect treat for the Valentine’s Day gifts for your friends – they are simple to make, homemade, inexpensive and look beautiful. If you do plan on giving them away, make a couple extra for yourself – they are hard to resist!
As an added bonus, the recipe is customizable. For example, you don’t like coconut? Instead, use slivered almonds or crushed pistachios. Or, if apricots don’t interest you, try subbing in dried pineapple or mangoes as an alternative. You can also experiment with milk chocolate or white chocolate if dark chocolate is not your thing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1. Boil water in a pot over medium heat. Place a pan on top of the pot to create a double boiler.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in the pan. Stir until smooth.
3. In another pan, heat the coconut over medium. Stir evenly and constantly until it turns golden.
4. Dip half of the apricot into the chocolate and place on a baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle the coconut onto the chocolate. Let the candy sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens.
If you intend to give the candies as a gift, arrange them in cellophane bags or small jars.
Check out other easy candy recipes:
More food porn ahead: