The perfect recipe for those indecisive bakers. This clever combination has it all!
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 tablespoons CRISCO Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cooked real bacon pieces (from 2.5-oz package)
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 box (9 ounce) Green Giant frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 container (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese (6 ounce)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
Heat oven to 375 degree. Unroll pie crust and press firmly against bottom and side of 9-inch regular or 9 1/2-inch deep glass pie plate; flute edge as desired. Prick bottom of crust several times with fork. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Reduce heat. Stir in bacon, chicken and spinach; toss to combine. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to large bowl.
Stir sour cream, salt, garlic powder and pepper into spinach mixture until well blended. Stir in cheeses.
In small bowl, beat eggs and whipping cream with fork or wire whisk until well blended. Gently fold into spinach mixture until well blended. Pour filling into pie crust.
Bake 15 minutes. Cover crust edge with strips of foil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until center is set and edge of crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.