Chicago Lakefront Trail
Lake Michigan Lakefront (at N Lake Shore Dr)
Chicago, IL 60611
- Water clears your mind, body and soul
- This paved, 18-mile path along scenic Lake Shore Drive is often packed with joggers, bike commuters and tourists alike.
- Run in the mornings before bike commuters flood the trail, but smile at them - it's a place for everyone!
- The best way to see the city skyline. Run, walk or bike along this 18-mile trail along Lake Michigan in the summer, spring, fall and winter (if you can brave those Chicago temperatures).
- Keep in mind to never run more than two people wide, and if you are on a bike, SLOW DOWN around crowds and shout "left" while passing pedestrians on the left hand side.
- Photographers! Check out this Documerica photo of Calumet Park in 1973. Take a photo of the area today, share it with our State of the Environment Photo Project, and help us document the changes.
- arguably the best part about living in Chicago. biking along the lake keeps me sane.
- Jog going south if you like seeing shirtless, hot bods.
- Much better at night; less traffic on the path.
- Fantastic View...
- The best, hottest, and most grueling training runs while enjoying the scenic beauty of the lakefront in the summer.
- Early mornings before 6 are the most ideal...
- Make sure to join the scores of people on the miles of trail along Lake Shore Drive to run, walk, bike or roller blade. Make sure to always have your camera ready.
- go early or go late to avoid serious congestion
- I love this place! It has a great scenic view of Chicago!
- There's a long pier that stretches well into the lake, near Montrose Point Bird Sanctuary --- bike along the shore and you'll see it.
- The best view of the entire skyline is from a trail near the aquarium. Go at sunset to see the city in lights
- Favorite place to run!
- I often take this path, don't be surprised if you see me here... And I'll probably try to talk to you. Let's not make it awkward
- Be careful of birds hiding in the bushes, they will attack your head!