Dive Bar, Bar
641 Bush St (at Stockton and Powell)
San Francisco, CA 94108
- There are "dive" bars and dive bars. Former frequented by hipsters, the later by depressed middle-aged alcoholics. Chelsea Place is the later.
- Drink cheap whiskey and munch on bar nuts while making strangely entertaining conversation with FOB bartenders.
- Would suggest not venturing into the dungeon to go to the bathroom. Was waiting for the rapist to jump out of one of the random doors.
- This is where dreams go to die
- going to the pissers here is like traveling through the hobbit tale.
- Pay for drinks as you go. Running a tab could lead to a surprise when you close out.
- Simultaneously wonderful and soul crushing. Pop in for a quick cheap drink bit don't get trapped by a chatty drunk.
- The Asian bartender is awesome!!!
- This is a good place to drink. I've heard you can play liar's dice vs the bartenders for shots, but no one knew how to play last time I went there.
- The bartenders don't do a good job of weeding out the overserved. I refuse to go after a bartender didn't stop a drunk patron from hitting another person. They care more about money than safety.
- Das Lager Beer ist okay, die Bedienung freundlich.
- If nearby Tunnel Top is too busy, try their doubly divey neighbor!
- Best Dive bar in the area. Great service from Tia.
- You can't go wrong with a place with free popcorn and peanuts. Bring cash-there's a $20 minimum for cards.
- What's wrong with FOBs? They are awesome!
- Dawn in the bathroom for hand soap... My hands have never been so bubbly in a bar's bathroom.
- Great people...I got my bday drink...12/31
- Ask for a 'Tic Tac'. Great drink.