These Cheddar Drop Biscuits with Chive Butter are so easy you can whip them up real quick for your crew. You can even make the Chive Butter ahead of time so everything is ready to go at your convenience.
These Cheddar Drop Biscuits with Chive Butter are so divine I promise you will not be able to eat just one. They are crispy on the outside and super tender and moist on the inside. Now lather on that wonderful chive butter and you have yourself a little piece of heaven.
They would be perfect with a bowl of minestrone soup, baked chicken or chili. How about sunny side up eggs and fresh smoked bacon.
Cheddar Drop Biscuits with Chive Butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives finely snipped
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/2 fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In stand mixture with paddle attachment cream 1/2 cup butter. Add chives and mix until smooth and incorporated. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Cut the 3 tablespoons of butter into the flour mixture with pastry knife until the butter crumbles. Mix the scallions, cheddar and Parmesan into the flour mixture. Pour the buttermilk into the bowl and stir just until combined. Drop by large rounded spoonful's on to the cookie sheet (approximately 1/4 cup). Brush tops with egg wash. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chive butter.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/cheddar-drop-biscuits-chive-butter/wk_bootstrap();
Other scrumptious recipes you might love!!
Jalapeno Cheddar Pull Apart Bread
Jalapeno Cornbread Whoopie Pies with Bacon Goat Cheese
From my friend at http://www.bakingbeauty.net/
The post Cheddar Drop Biscuits with Chive Butter appeared first on Small Town Woman.