Center for Puppetry Arts
Performing Arts, Museum, Theater
- Midtown's Center for Puppetry Arts features shows, puppet-making and tours. Adult shows complement the children's performances.
- Puppets aren't just for kids! Be sure to check out their adult focused shows too. A highlight every year and must see is the Ghastly Dreadfuls performance in October. Booyah!
- Founded in 1978 by Vincent Anthony, it's the nations largest organization dedicated to the art form of puppetry. Kermit the Frog and his creator Jim Henson cut the ceremonial ribbon at the opening.
- Catch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, a show based on the classic television special.
- The Center for Puppetry Arts is a unique cultural treasure - a magical place where children and adults are educated, enlightened and entertained.
- Dont miss the Center for Puppetry Arts showcase of Martha Speaks. The classic childrens story about a talking dog comes to life thru puppet magic July 19-31. See the show and then make a puppet!
- Free museum day every Thursday between 1-3pm. Grants you access to the museum exhibits for free.
- Did you know? Puppetry is an ancient art, thought to originate around 30,000 B.C. Nearly every culture in the world has some form of puppetry.
- Anyone from age two to 82 will love the Jim Henson galleries who can resist a cuddle with Big Bird? Reserve ahead for puppet shows; tickets go fast.
- Use your Atlanta City Saver coupons here to receive a free guided museum tour when a second is purchased or receive $10 off one family membership.
- Tip: military do not get in free, they do receive a discount on museum admission.
- First Saturday of each month is free museum day for Fulton County residents. Additional cost if you would like to attend a show or the workshop.
- Don't miss the Create a Puppet workshop after every show. It's included in your ticket and kids love it-and gives them a puppet to relive the show at home.
- The Henson exhibit is great plus the museum including several audioanimatronics, The Pigs in Space and assorted rareties from around the globe
- The Dark Crystal room is everything!
- Nowhere else has this. Great with or without kids. Puppet shows are superlative and they have almost all of the legendary Jim Henson's work. If you think you don't like puppets...GO HERE.
- A great place. There is a nice exhibit on Indian puppetry at the moment.
- Fascinating and well-curated collection - and the Jim Henson exhibit is awesome :)
- Amazing place! Like walking back in time to my childhood! Love all of Jim Henson exhibits and went especially to see The Labyrinth exhibit and it was amazing!! I could have stayed all day!
- Spend an afternoon as a family at the Center for Puppetry Arts where everyone can relive their childhood. Watch a play or create a puppet to take home while you visit.