Today, the world’s leading pasta experts and nutritionists are meeting in Moscow in honor of one of our favorite days of the year – World Pasta Day!
World Pasta Day was first celebrated on October 25, 1998 and was created to help people celebrate the contributions pasta has made as a healthy and delicious meal choice across all different cultures. It is also recognized as an affordable and environmentally-friendly food.
This World Pasta Day, industry leaders will celebrate all the great things that have happened to pasta in the last year, including it being listed as a 2016 Google Trend, being a healthy meal choice for top athletes, and a recent study proving that pasta doesn’t cause weight gain. At the World Pasta Day event, pasta scientists will also sign a formal scientific consensus statement regarding the health and sustainability benefits of pasta, including its low glycemic index.
Whether you want to celebrate World Pasta Day with a traditional plate of spaghetti and meatballs or wish to try something from a different culture than your own, be sure to celebrate World Pasta Day the same way industry leaders will – with your favorite bowl of pasta!
For recipe ideas and inspiration, visit Pasta Fits’ Recipe Page.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas