Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
- When you enter, turn to the right. You'll find a memorial dedicated to the 12 firefighters who lost their lives at the 23rd Street fire on Oct. 17, 1966.
- PHOTO: Rev. James Parks Morton blesses an elephant at the Blessing of the Animals ceremony in 1985, at the link!
- Amazing grounds, with sitting areas and even three peacocks. Great basketball half-court. No overly religious icons and open to all - even atheists!
- Check out the real all white peacock in the garden!
- on memorial day every year, go see the ny phil play for free.
- The largest "GOTHIC" Cathedral in the world, not the largest Cathedral! Think of Dracula's castle when thinking "Gothic Cathedral"...
- it's pretty impressive inside but it is NOT the largest cathedral in the world. by far. though by most accounts it's in the top 5.
- Saw Sting perform here. Didn't know what to expect. It was great and the Cathedral can house some wonderful concerts.
- See if your kids can spot the resident peacocks that roam the grounds! Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Supposedly the largest Cathedral in the world, it's one of my favorite places. Go to the Halloween Extravaganza: silent b&w movie, eery organ, procession of ghouls--amazing.
- Don't miss out on the statue outside (south side) - it's pretty legit. If you are hungry after head up to Pisticci for great/affordable Italian food.
- One of the largest organs in the US. Organ recital open to all every Sunday at 5:30pm
- It is the largest gothic cathedral. Many of the larger churches are romantic or not cathedrals. Look for the titantic sinking in the staind glass windows
- Not the largest Cathedral but the largest Gothic Cathedral. One needs at least an hour to take it all in and don't forget the sculpture garden.
- Amazingly vaulted ceilings spiralling into gorgeous dizzying heights.
- Take the 'Vertical Tour'. You get to go into the attic and onto the roof.
- The Great Rose Window at the cathedral is the largest stained glass window in the United States. It contains more than 10,000 pieces of glass. In the Sports Bay stained glass window, there are over t
- Beautiful cathedral. A lover of the arts. Every year it celebrates a Blessing of the Animals event, one of my favorites.
- Sick cathedral, dude.
- Impresionante sitio! Ser la 3a iglesia mas grande del mundo.