Boston, MA 02127
- Great place for a walk. And historic, including being a place where E.A. Poe, the Boston-born author and critic, was stationed during a stint in the army.
- Park down near the beach, not on the numbered streets. The residents have enough trouble finding a parking space near their homes.
- Take the Healthy Trail!
- Lovely place for a good walk.
- take the tour, it's worth it and then you can get a deluxe burger with fries from Sully's - perfect afternoon date
- Don't park right next to the island. Instead, park on a numbered street in Southie and walk. Fewer headaches and more exercise.
- Best views of Boston Harbor anywhere. Causeways that go way out into the Harbor. Views of the islands, sailboats, the Boston skyline. No cars or noise. Sullivan's has great burgers, lobster rolls,
- Head out to the fishing pier on the backside of the island for some interesting people watching.
- Make sure to hit up Sully's.
- Take your dog for a nice, long walk around the sugar bowl.
- View from the top of of the fort!
- El atardecer, la pesca. Leyendo un buen libro :)
- This "island" has actually been connected to the mainland since the 1930s. The island hosts the oldest continuously fortified fort in British North America, Fort Independence plus a fishing pier.
- If you're into watching airplanes land, this is as good of a spot as any.
- Great place in the summer to take your dog and go for a walk/run
- Awesome place to be at
- Views, walking and airplanes.
- Neither a castle, nor is it an island, but still a cool spot to spend some time reflecting.
- It's a great place to tale a walk dogs and kids.
- When possible, visit it on a weekday morning in the fall. Plentiful parking, less crowds, but still great. Plus, Sullivan's has super cheap breakfasts.