Carnegie Museum of Natural History
4400 Forbes Ave (at S Bellefield Ave)
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
10:00am - 8:00pm
10:00am - 5:00pm
12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Check out the T_Rex display. It rocks.
- In the Earth Theater, see "Dinosaur Prophecy" to solve 4 famous cold cases of how dinosaurs died. It was funded in part by NASA's Office of Earth Science under the "Immersive Earth" project.
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History includes more than 20 million specimens, objects, and artifacts. It is the world's third-largest repository of dinosaur fossils.
- This museum is one of only a few in the entire country to have many of its displays constructed of real bones and not casts. Don't skip an exhibit, they are all fascinating.
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History is an adventure millions of years in the making. Families with children should be sure to check out our fully accessible hands-on science areas.
- Love the art so much great place to relax and enjoy.
- Check out the Hidden Hallway on the 1st floor. Impressive diorama displays (don't forget to borrow a flashlight).
- Good for children and dinosaur enthusiasts.
- Amazing! Must see attraction in Pittsburgh.
- Check out the smelling station in the Hall of Botany to smell the odors of different plants!
- Let the kids dig for bones in the Bone hunter's Quarry!
- Kick ass exhibits! One of largest collections of real fossils. Get into it!
- Did the Dinosaur's in Time tour with Andy and it was very informative and fun! Both museums were beautiful and the courtyard is a wonderful outdoor place to relax.
- Admission is $1 off per person for AAA members!
- Start on the third floor and work your way down.
- On the weekends many of the labs in the museums open to guests, be sure to check out the mollusk lab on the third floor, it is accessible through the travelling exhibit gallery
- The dinosaurs are the coolest
- Great family place. All the staff members are great to little children. Plan on spending a whole day. Tons of things for the whole family to experience!
- A must for dinosaur lovers, but don't miss the Hall of Minerals and Gems!
- Able to see most in a day. Important to have educational resources in Western PA.