Capitol Reflecting Pool
1st St NW (btwn Pennsylvania Ave NW & Maryland Ave SW)
Washington, DC 20024
- A majestic Christmas tree was illuminated during the lighting ceremony on the Ellipse in Washington D.C. on Tuesday evening! It was awesome!
- A beautiful sight with the cherry blossoms
- Bring a sketchbook if you like to draw. Evening is best with the sunset shining and the reflection at its brightest.
- pleasant in the daytime, but the best time to walk by this reflecting pool is on a clear, windless night.
- Great place to soak in the sites!
- So peaceful at night.
- So beautiful in the early morning. There's almost no cars and the only people out are runners and photographers.
- Just sit and take it all in. America the beautiful.
- Visit at the later part of the day just before and during sunsets for great reflections in the pool.
- Make way for ducklings!
- A great place to eat your lunch, just don't feed the squirrels!
- A great place to sit and look at the historic buildings.
- Excellent place to take nice pictures.
- Nice place to sit and watch ducks...
- A beautiful view of the area!
- Drained for the colder months. But lovely and gorgeous the rest of the year!
- The Capitol Reflecting Pool is located at the eastern end of the National Mall. Six acres in size, occupying over half of the Union Square area that includes the Ulysses S. Grant memorial.
- The dusk looks amazing from here
- Da vedere assolutamente! Consigliato
- The sunset here is among the best in DC, wish they could finish the mall though.