Neighborhood, Historic Site
Monterey, CA 93940
- John Steinbeck famously described this stretch of former sardine factories as a poem, a stink, a grating noise, a quality of light, a tone, a habit, a nostalgia, a dream. (From Aerial America)
- Free Ghirardelli chocolate samples by just walking in. Free clam chowder samples at Louis Linguinis. For good coffee and great views, head down to Monterey Plaza Hotel to Cafe La Strada.
- You can always find good chowder around here.
- If you walk among the old canneries at dusk you can still hear the voices of Lee Cheung, Doc, and Mack, the central characters of John Steinbeck's great Depression-era novel Cannery Row.
- Nice area to stroll in Monterey!
- At Monterey Bay Aquarium!!!! A definite must see!!!
- Wear a jacket or sweater in the evening.
- kinda fun to walk around (lots of tourists too) there r so many shops n restaurants to choose!!
- Rent kayaks and paddle out by the sea otters.
- Keep driving to 17 mile drive , skip this tourist trap
- A great place to walk around.
- Shops and nice restaurants area. Parking is expensive.
- Good sea food, but small and ite place
- Love the small shops and cafes here
- Beer! We had the calamari.. Very good!
- Casi todos los comercios estn relacionados al turismo. Pero algunos valen la pena
- Cool place to take an afternoon stroll! Lots of shopping and restaurants and touristy-type stuff, as well as a nice little beach area and a place to view sea lions and other ocean animals!
- Great place to walk through
- For the best Happy Hour, go to Sardine Factory. Stay for David Conley on the piano. Late night Happy Hour available, too. Relax by the fire pits for a drink at CRBC. For dancing, head to Sly's.
- Nice street ! Famous in Monterey