Have you ever noticed that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best?
It’s quite insulting, if you really want to know. I can spend hours slaving over a complicated and creative dessert but do you want to know what everyone eats first? The ridiculously simple stuff that I whipped up in mere minutes.
Rice krispie treats. Pretzels coated in almond bark. A pan of fudgy brownies made with boxed mix.
Is it possible that life really is this simple? Does a sheet cake with canned frosting and sprinkles hold the keys to the universe? I don’t mean to get too deep and philosophical with you guys, but it’s got me thinking.
Enter, the famous Oreo truffle.
If you’ve never had an Oreo truffle, you’re missing out. Everyone loves them! Of COURSE they do – they’re simply crushed Oreos and cream cheese mixed together, rolled into balls, and coated in melted white or milk chocolate.
Three ingredients, no-bake, and this is what’s bringing all the boys to the yard. Life is so weird sometimes.
In honor of Halloween, I decided to put these Oreo truffles on a stick! Something about a stick just makes everything better, and these candy corn Oreo pops are no exception. A triple dip in white, orange, and yellow candy gives them a bright and festive look that is perfect for a party tray or gifting to your favorite teachers or neighbors.
They’ll all ask for the recipe, of course. And while this isn’t necessarily your culinary moment to shine, rest assured that these will be the first thing to disappear from the party platter.
I barely had these babies dipped before my children descended upon me, practically foaming at the mouth. Kids are frightening sometimes, aren’t they?
I hope you love these as much as we did. They’re a great last minute treat to have in your arsenal.
- 36 oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces white chocolate melting wafers
- 10 ounces orange colored melting wafers, vanilla flavored
- 5 ounces yellow colored melting wafers, vanilla flavored
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
- Add cream cheese and turn on processor until mixture forms a thick and well-mixed “dough.”
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop Oreo mixture and roll between your hands, forming a ball. Place on wax paper.
- Repeat until all the Oreo mixture has been used. Melt white candy per package directions. Dipping the very top part of a stick in the melted candy, gently tap off the excess and stick in the center of one of the Oreo balls. Repeat until each truffle has a stick in it.
- Beginning with the first Oreo truffle you added a stick to, dip each Oreo pop in the melted white candy, gently tapping excess off and setting on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Let candy cool and harden for about 10 minutes.
- Melt orange candy per package directions.
- Carefully dip each pop in the orange mixture about 2/3 of the way, allowing the top white part to show. Gently tap off the excess candy and set back on the baking sheet.
- Repeat process with the yellow candy, dipping only the very bottom 1/4 of the pops. Let candy set up completely before serving.