Do you have leftover Halloween candy withering away in your pantry? You could snack on it ’til it’s gone, or you could be cooler and celebrate apple season with caramel candy-covered apples. With only three ingredients and five minutes, these caramel apples will be ready before you can start on your second king-size Twix bar. So grab your friends and some old Halloween candy to make a simple and delicious original autumn classic.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Cooling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 8 minutes
Serving Size: 1 apple per serving
1 apple, any kind
4 ounces caramel bits or candies (Tip: don’t use liquid caramel, as it won’t stick to apples)
Toppings of choice (candy, nuts)
Wooden craft sticks (chopsticks or popsicle sticks)
1. Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top.
2. Place caramels in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes or until caramel is completely melted.
3. Allow caramel to cool for 2 minutes.
4. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated.
5. Roll each apple in toppings until well coated.
6. Eat warm or refrigerate for an hour.