Candy Caramel Apples
Do you have leftover Halloween candy withering away in your pantry? You could snack on it ’til it’s gone, or you could be cooler and celebrate apple season with caramel candy-covered apples. With only three ingredients and five minutes, these caramel apples will be ready before you can start on your second king-size Twix bar. So grab your friends and some old Halloween candy to make a simple and delicious original autumn classic.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Cooling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 8 minutes
Serving Size: 1 apple per serving
1 apple, any kind
4 ounces caramel bits or candies (Tip: don’t use liquid caramel, as it won’t stick to apples)
Toppings of choice (candy, nuts)
Wooden craft sticks (chopsticks or popsicle sticks)
1. Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top.
2. Place caramels in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes or until caramel is completely melted.
3. Allow caramel to cool for 2 minutes.
4. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated.
5. Roll each apple in toppings until well coated.
6. Eat warm or refrigerate for an hour.