Byzantine Fresco Chapel Museum
4011 Yupon St
Houston, TX 77006
- One of the best attractions in Houston... it is gorgeous!
- They've changed the exhibit. It is now the Infinity Machine. No more fresnos.
- Absolutely amazing. One of the most serene places you will ever visit. And it's free!
- The BYZANTINE FRESCOES were returned to Cyprus in 2012 after a 15 year loan. New projects and installations are planned: see website. Still, great building to visit for modern architecture fans.
- Beautiful. Near Menil Collection
- The chapel is Dominique de Menil's last major project in her lifetime. It holds intact frescoes from Byzantine times.
- Open Wed through Sun 11-6
- Go to Byzantine Fresco Chapel Museum and wonder at the blend of modern and ancient.