- Opened in 1934, the Zoo is located on 216 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, featuring over 2,000 animals. Brookfield Zoo featured the first Giant Panda exhibit in the United States.
- Check out the bear wilderness!!!
- Visit the polar bears and there is a glass wall that they will stand up against.
- Go visit the polar bear. He really hams it up.
- Watch for peacocks falling out of trees!
- This is an official Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Award Nominee!Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- don't fall over at pinneped point. floor is always wet.
- Be sure to check out the Hamill Family Play Zoo exhibit where kids can dress up in animal prints and zookeeper costumes, make an art project, and pet various wildlife.
- The family plus membership is the best deal...
- Find the grumpy Screech Owl in The Swamp, you'll be glad you did.
- Watch out for the snakes lol
- Wear comfortable shoes. Everything is very spread out. And bring your own food :)
- I love this place in the winter. An underutilized gem with the lack of crowds.
- Be sure to bring your own food. Everything is super expensive.....go figure.
- The zoos carousel is one of the largest hand-carved wooded carousels in the country, with 72 animals and three chariots. Plan to shell out $2.50 per ride!Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Awesome place love the polar bears awesome petting zoo AAA+++ place to visit the workers are so friendly and to have a zoo so close tohome even makes it better
- Buy the membership; you will get your money's worth
- - One of the neatest Zoo's I've been too! Couldn't finish the tour in a day! :) loved it though.
- The Great Bear Wilderness Exhibit at Brookfield Zoo is nominated for Best Brush with Nature in our Hipsqueak Awards, vote now at timeoutchicagokids.com/awards!
- Check out the Dolphin show for sure...and stingray exhibit was awesome!