Bright Angel Trail
Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023
- There is a resthouse 1.5 miles and 3 miles into the trail for those that are looking for a smaller, day hike. March and April are the best months to visit in the spring before it gets too hot.
- I hiked this trail Seven years ago and it was raining which amplified the smell of mule doo. We went only a mile down and went back up. Yesterday we road mules down and it was much more enjoyable!!!
- Eek! Mule doo!
- Make sure to take pictures on the way down. You'll be too tired to take them on the way back up!
- Start as early as you can, especially if you are from out of town and not in ideal shape. The elevation will hit you on the way back up!
- As soon as you go thru the 1st tunnel look up and to the left and you will see a pictograph!!! So cool!!
- We went at the end of May and it was already warm. We started at 6am and went down to Plateau Point. We were out by 3 pm. Make sure u have lots of water, sunscreen, and a good wide brimmed hat.
- start early. We started around 7:45 and walked down to the first rest house. Was about 3,5 km in total with quiet some elevation.
- Start your day early if you're going to hike this one. The hike out is super steep but it's worth it!
- A pretty cool view on this trail. But beware of the heat and take enough water with you!
- Took my 7 year old son here for his first hike ever. He lived it! We went down to the lower tunnel, 1.7 miles round trip. Started at 7:30am and it was already getting crowded and hot. Go early!
- Bring lots of water and be prepared for the heat. Went to the 1.5 mile point and back up. Beautiful but crowded and extremely hot in the summer
- , . 3 . 3 ( . .)
- . 3 . 2 30 . . 3.15-4
- This is an awesome trail to go down. Be careful and have fun.
- We saw a guy on crutches going down! We beat him down....
- The view is brilliant
- Great hike! Definitely a fun backpacking trip to the Bright Angel Campground!
- The hike down to Indian Gardens is easier than it seems.
- Start as early as you can for the best views and cool weather.