Historic Site, History Museum, Museum
- Built by the Vanderbilts, this 70-room Victorian mansion is frequently cited as the most magnificent of Newports sprawling summer cottages and a symbol of Gilded Age excess. (From Aerial America)
- If your going to see one place here it's gotta be the breakers. This place is amazing!!!
- The billiard room is my favorite, be sure to check out the fantastic piece on the center of the mantle there. And try to find the turtle!
- Incredible mansion! A must see!
- Richard Morris Hunt designed this mammoth mansion for Cornelius Vanderbilt II. The terrace has a spectacular view of Sakonnet Point.
- This place has no AC, except in the bathroom. Lean against the pillars of marble or stay a little longer on the 2nd fl, take in the view of the ocean.
- OUTSTANDING! Guided Audio Tour was informative and interesting and the House itself was just amazing (if you like it gilded and over the top yet tasteful).
- Be prepared to spend $20 a head to visit
- opulence never looked so impressive. This place is so majestic it's almost surreal
- Former summer home of the Vanderbilt's. Massive mansion sits right on the Ocean. Take the tour to see how the super rich lived during the gilded age.
- The Breakers tour is well worth the $20
- Leave yourself an hour! Totally worth it!
- 5-House Tour is definitely the best deal to take it all in! Self-guided audio tour @ The Breakers... Great to-do on a summer day.
- Amazing place. You learn alot about the family who built this place. The audio tour allowed us to move at our own pace
- High life of the Gilded Age
- With a military ID you get free passes to tour another house at another time
- Beautiful and quite impressive! The walking tour is very informative, and comes with your ticket. Well worth it!
- Great walking tour. Highly suggested and very detailed.
- I enjoy self-guided audio tours...this is one of the three mansions to offer it. Walk to the end of the lawn to watch the waved breaking at the cliff. Beautiful.
- Such a big, beautiful and wonderful house !